Powering a Remote of a RC car using Raspberry Pi that outputs 3.3V

Forums Community Powering a Remote of a RC car using Raspberry Pi that outputs 3.3V

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kiran Daware Kiran Daware 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kiranshashiny
    kiranshashiny
    Participant
    0 votes

I have a RC car and It needs 2 power source, one for the car and one for the remote (i.e two  1.5V batteries )
    My question is – instead of the two 1.5 V batteries – Can I power it using the output of Raspberry Pi that has 3.3V ? without damaging the Raspberry Pi.

Profile photo of Kiran Daware
    Kiran Daware
    Keymaster
    26 votes
    Query Resolver

Yes, you can use the 3.3 v output of the raspberry pi instead of two 1.5v batteries to power up the remote. As long as the remote is not drawing too much excessive current, it won’t damage your raspberry. But, why would you do that? I mean, you will just be able to power up that remote and not doing any control action. So, this won’t be a convenient idea.

We will be happy to hear your experience of your experiments.

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn