electrical engineers’ community

Forums Community electrical engineers’ community

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dnyanesh Dnyanesh 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    votes +1
    Profile photo of Kiran Daware
    Kiran Daware
    Keymaster
    26 votes
    Query Resolver

Hi, electrical engineers!,

I hope you have been using electricaleasy.com to get your electrical queries answered. I know that it may not clear all of your electrical queries. There may be some questions or doubts in your mind, and maybe you are not finding the answers in any book or any website. That is where the “community” comes to help you. You can raise your queries or doubts in the community, and the one who knows the answer will help you. And we can all share our knowledge within the community. Sharing knowledge is a noble thing!

This is my attempt to build a community for electrical engineers. Would you like to be a member of this community? You can register an account for free. Don’t wanna register? Still you can always contribute to this community. give it a try!

Let me know your views about this. You can do a quick reply using the form below. You can suggest a feature to be added to this site, you can give your feedback or anything you would like to say about this community.

Profile photo of imran ahmed
    imran ahmed
    0 votes

How led bulb work on ac? Is there rectifier inside the bulb?

Profile photo of Kiran Daware
    Kiran Daware
    Keymaster
    26 votes
    Query Resolver

@Imran You should have raised a new topic for your question. Reply for a topic must be relevant to that topic only.

Anyway, this site is yet a new born baby. And there’s just one topic only.

About your question, I will write an article regarding it in the blog section of this site as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

votes +1
    Profile photo of Dnyanesh
    Dnyanesh
    8 votes
    Query Resolver

@imran, yes there is bridge rectifier used in led bulbs with capacitors as dc purifiers. Voltage is step downed by using magnetic core high frequency transformers. ac current is being rectified partially via bridge rectifier and small ac pulsating in dc current is filtered by capacitor. Use of some resistance allows to slow down the flow of current and feed the LEDs their needed one approx. 0.02micro amps. In many lamps instead using X’mers they divide voltage by connecting LEDS in series. In this way LED lamp work.

I wish if Er. Kiran can check my comment and do clear my dobts if any.

Profile photo of Dnyanesh
    Dnyanesh
    8 votes
    Query Resolver

Sorry i made comment in wrong topic. Imran you should raise your individual topic for your queries.

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn