AC-DC high speed motor

Forums Common electrical queries AC-DC high speed motor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dnyanesh Dnyanesh 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    votes +1
    Profile photo of Dnyanesh
    Dnyanesh
    8 votes
    Query Resolver

Is there any high speed motor which can be use on both ac AWA dc. I need to operate my machine on both conditions. sped should be around 5000 rpm. I can use universal motor but it becomes too hot after sometime. I need to run motor for long time.
    Please suggest me.

votes +2
    Profile photo of Kiran Daware
    Kiran Daware
    Keymaster
    26 votes
    Query Resolver

@Dnyanesh if you want to use a motor with AC as well as DC supply, a universal motor may be the best choice. Universal motors are available in a wide range of speeds and ratings. There are universal motors, easily available in the market, which provide speed as high as 10,000 RPM. So, you can easily get one with 5,000 RPM and appropriate ratings. However, you should also consider other factors such as required power rating and torque rating when a buying a motor.
    About the heating problem you stated, if you are using a custom build motor you can provide some cooling arrangement to it. The most simple cooling arrangement for a motor may be using a shaft mounted or external fan. Also, if you have a custom build motor, make sure you have used the winding wire of proper diameter. Copper losses occurring in the winding also constitute to the heat generation.

Profile photo of Dnyanesh
    Dnyanesh
    8 votes
    Query Resolver

Thanks it’ll help me lot

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share... ;)Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn